To help you take care of the legal side of moving home, we have teamed up with My Home Move (Premier Property Lawyers) to provide you with a unique and specialist conveyancing service, designed to dramatically reduce the time it takes to complete the legal work and get you moving quicker.
We have a dedicated team to ensure every client receives a seamless and stress-free service.
The revolutionary online case-management service, eWay, allows you to manage your case whenever you want, from wherever you are, via a smartphone, tablet or PC. You can complete documentation online, make secure payments and keep up-to-date with how your case is progressing, even when you’re on the move.
The new eWay app is now available for you to download and provides instant access to your case. The app will send you push notifications when there are actions for you to complete, making it even easier for you to stay up-to-date.
What else can you expect as part of the service?
• No move, no fee – If your move falls through completely, for any reason whatsoever, you won’t be charged the lawyer’s fee.
• Dedicated conveyancer – You will be assigned your own dedicated conveyancer who is part of a team of home moving experts, so there is always someone on hand to guide and assist you through the entire process.
• Longer opening hours – Open 8am-8pm Monday to Thursday and 8am-7pm on Fridays. We are also open at weekends, Saturday 9am-4pm and Sunday 10am-3pm.
• Regular status updates – You will receive regular status updates from your conveyancer via email, SMS, phone call or letter, whichever you prefer.
• Search Guarantee – In the unlikely event that a purchase does not proceed to exchange of contracts, the cost of the next set of searches will be supplied FREE of charge.*
* Terms and conditions apply.
See what customers have to say…
“I found the eWay portal quick and easy to use, and it was easy to communicate with my conveyancer. Using this service is much more practical for busy families than face-to-face meetings!” – Mr G., completed 16/03/2018
“We thought our conveyancer was easy to contact and we liked keeping track of how the progress was going online. We found the service efficient.” – Mrs and Mr P., completed 23/02/2018
“I liked that I did not have to go to the office and could use email, phone or the app instead. My conveyancer was very thorough and very reassuring, as this was my first house purchase.” – Mr C., completed 12/02/2018
“My conveyancer was very helpful and jolly. They made the whole experience pain free and knowing they were only a phone call away was a great help.” – Mr S., completed 02/03/2018
We have provided a quick quote facility so you know what the legal side of buying or selling your house will cost.
Don’t forget, we have a no completion no fee guarantee and we have ensured the price you pay is very competitive which provides great value with great care, expertise and technology.
You can simply accept the quote to start the process and our advisers will be on hand to answer any questions and guide you through the process from start to end.
We know buying and selling your home or property can be stressful so we do everything we can to make the legal side of that process as easy as possible.
Premier Property Lawyers is regulated by the Council for Licensed Conveyancers. Premier Property Lawyers Ltd is registered in England and Wales. Registered No: 04323405. A list of the directors is available from the registered office.
Residential conveyancing process explained: For Buyers
This is a guide explaining the conveyancing process when buying a home. Residential Conveyancing involves legally transferring home ownership from the seller to the buyer. It starts when your offer on a house is accepted and finishes when you receive the keys. Understanding what it involves will help ensure there are fewer surprises along the way.
What is conveyancing?
Residential conveyancing involves legally transferring home ownership from the seller to the buyer. It starts when your offer on a house is accepted and finishes when you receive the keys.
Who does the conveyancing?
A solicitor or conveyancer usually conducts the conveyancing process, but it is possible (although difficult) to do it yourself as long as you are not taking out a mortgage.
- Local authority searches: are there plans for a motorway in your new garden? How about radioactive gas? This costs between £70 and £400 depending on the Local Authority and usually takes 1-2 weeks, but can take up to 6 weeks
- Checking the ‘title register’ and ‘title plan’ at the Land Registry– these are the legal documents proving the seller’s ownership. The title register check costs £3 and the title plan check costs £3. Both checks are legally required in order to sell
- Checking flood risk – this can also be done at the Land Registry. If you are already getting an environmental search (see below), you might not buy this one separately as the search will contain much more thorough flood information and maps
- Water authority searches – find out how you get your water and if any public drains on the property might affect extensions or building works. The water authority search will cost between £50 and £75
- Chancel repair search – to ensure there are no potential leftover medieval liabilities on the property to help pay for church repairs. This is a necessity and costs £18. However, you may decide to take out Chancel repair insurance instead for £20 or so. The laws around Chancel repair changed in October 2013 so now the onus is on the Church to establish and lodge liability with the Land Registry
- Environmental Search – this report is used on the vast majority of transactions and is provided by either Landmark or Groundsure. Depending which product your solicitor usually uses, the report will give information about contaminated land at or around the property, landfill sites, former and current industry, detailed flooding predictions, radon gas hazard, ground stability issues, and some other related information. The cost should be around £50 to £60 including VAT
- Optional and location specific searches – sometimes extra searches are required or recommended depending on the location or type of property or due to particular concerns raised by the buyer. These could include:
- Tin Mining searches in Cornwall
- Mining searches in various parts of the UK and Cheshire Brine searches
- Additional Local Authority Questions such as Public Paths, Pipelines, Noise Abatement Zones, Common Land, etc
What is exchange of contracts?
Before an exchange of contracts can take place everyone in the conveyancing ‘chain’ needs to be ready. An Exchange of contracts confirms your agreement to buy and a seller’s agreement to sell the property. All of the parties solicitors need to be satisfied that their clients enquiries have been dealt with and the necessary funding is in place.
Once contracts have been exchanged they become legally binding and there may be significant financial penalties if you or the seller pull out of the sale. Your solicitor will also work with you and the seller’s solicitors to agree a date for completion.
What does completion mean?
Completion is the important date – it is the day upon which the buyer should receive the keys to their new property and the seller should receive their funds. Completion takes place when the purchase money is transferred to the seller and other fees are paid. Your solicitors will tell your mortgage lender the results and the lender will let them have the mortgage. Your solicitor will pay other fees on your behalf and prepare the tax return and make arrangements to pay Stamp Duty Land Tax to HMRC.
For specialist advice or specific law enquiries please refer to http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/
Please search our A-Z directory for solicitors near you.
Find a listing
As a law firm, The Law House’s philosophy centres around putting ourselves in the position of our clients, to see things from your perspective, achieve your objectives and provide an efficient and diligent service that exceeds expectations. We adopt a friendly and accessible approach throughout and believe each client should receive the same high level of care and attention as the next, however big or small their matter.
As a department, our Property/Conveyancing Department has a dedicated team of exceptional lawyers who strive to make your experience with property matters, as positive and stress-free as possible. We deal with the majority of conveyancing matters such as:
Buying / selling freehold and leasehold properties;
Remortgages / lifetime mortgages / equity releases
Transfers of equity
We represent clients nationally and internationally and the majority of our clients are recommended or referred to us from happy clients! Wherever you are based, we would be delighted to help. Our details can be found by clicking on the link below
Alexander JLO solicitors is a highly respected law firm with over 35 years’ experience and has its head office based in the Canary Wharf area of the London Docklands.
One of the first ten firms in the country to be awarded the Conveyancing Quality Scheme membership, our experienced lawyers offer a friendly service and who are dedicated to providing professional advice tailored to meet each client’s individual needs. The firm believes in a hands-on approach and has a “client for life” philosophy.
Alexander JLO is one of the leading Residential Conveyancing Solicitors in London, having dealt with a combined net worth of over half a billion pounds worth of properties in 2014. During 2015 an estimated two per cent of all the residential lending in the UK was dealt with by Alexander JLO’s Real Estate Team. The department continues to go from strength to strength and there are firm plans for expansion into other parts of the UK throughout 2018. So as to provide a local service we have office space in Canary Wharf, Chingford, Cambridge, Chelmsford, Brighton, Norwich and Victoria and are looking to expand throughout the rest of the South East as demand for our service grows.
The firm is on the panel of all of the major high street UK Lenders and, indeed, receives recommendations direct from HSBC Bank Plc, Bank of China and Santander UK Plc to act for residential purchasers obtaining mortgages through those Banks.
We deal with properties ranging from purchases under the Housing Act’s Right to Buy Scheme to multi-million pounds flats and houses throughout England and Wales with a specialism for leasehold properties. The Firm also has a separate department dealing with purchases of off-plan properties and has links to a number of the country’s largest Developers, including Bellway, Galliard, Barratts, Countryside Properties and a very large number of Housing Associations. We specialise in Shared Ownership and also the Help to Buy scheme. Further the practice also has a niche specialisation in collective enfranchisement for freehold purchases and Lease extensions.
Alexander JLO's conveyancing department makes use of the most up-to-date technology in order to progress any sale or purchase in the swiftest and most seamless way possible, whilst, at the same time, maintaining the personal touch, with solicitors being available to take calls and meet with the client, should they so wish. Our experienced solicitors offer friendly, professional and successful services to all our clients which include the likes of small and medium-sized companies, large multinationals, and of course, individuals.
Established in the East End of London in 1929, TV Edwards has a national reputation for delivering first-class legal services. The firm specialises in a wide range of areas of law and offers a holistic and tailored service. Together our teams deliver the legal support and guidance that individuals, families and businesses need, in the way in which they need it. We pride ourselves on understanding what each client wants to achieve and tailoring our service to each individual client’s personal needs.
We have a dedicated team of specialist residential and commercial property solicitors with many years of experience in all types of residential and commercial property transactions, providing first-class legal advice and support and making sure that conveyancing transactions proceed according to required timescales, on budget and as smoothly as possible. We specialise in all types of property law including;
Buying and selling freehold and leasehold properties
Re-mortgages and transfers of equity
New build properties and developments
New leases and lease extensions
Shared ownership purchases
Applications for adverse possession
Advice to Landlords/ Management Companies
Deeds of Trusts and Deeds of Covenants
Buying, selling and leasing commercial properties and businesses
We act for a wide range of clients, representing both private individuals and businesses in London and throughout the UK. We consistently receive excellent feedback from clients on the service we provide with a high level of repeat business and referrals. We pride ourselves on being approachable and always contactable.
We hold The Law Society’s conveyancing quality mark (CQS), meaning that we have had to demonstrate best practice, the highest standards of technical expertise and client service.
Premier Property Lawyers is a wholly-owned, award-winning, subsidiary of My Home Move and is the largest conveyancing firm in the UK, according to HMLR data. Premier Property Lawyers is regulated by the Council for Licensed Conveyancers and aims to deliver a personal, trusted and values-based service that reduces the stress of moving home for all of our clients. Clients who use our service have access to the enhanced online case management service, eWay, and also have a personal conveyancer, who will manage their case from instruction to completion.
At Farnfields Solicitors we understand that one of the most important things in anyone’s life is their home. And whether you own a property or rent, we know that your home means much more to you than just bricks and mortar. Whether you are buying, selling, investing, letting, or simply searching for your dream home, there will be times when you need a property law expert to help everything run smoothly. And should you encounter problems with your property, having a knowledgeable property solicitor on your side is invaluable.
Our experienced property solicitors provide a wide range of services to help safeguard your home or property investments. From tenancy agreements to advice on buying property at auction, we are here to provide guidance and support whatever your circumstances may be. With transparent and upfront pricing and a same day response promise, our friendly solicitors make property law straightforward and hassle free. We will explain all the processes clearly and answer any questions you may have.
[Logo Showcase link_target=”blank”]